Pickleball is quickly becoming one of the most popular sports in the United States, and one player who has made a big impact in the sport in a short amount of time is Rob Nunnery. Rob, who hails from Austin, Texas and turned pro in 2020, has quickly established himself as a force to be reckoned with on the court.
Here are some key facts about Rob:
- DUPR Rating: 6.25 (doubles), 6.47 (singles)
- Age: 38 (born May 14, 1985)
- Weight: 190 lbs
- Height: 5’11”
- Plays right-handed with one/two-handed backhand
- Comes from a tennis background, having played at UNC Asheville where he was a two-time first team All-Big South player
- Picked up a pickleball paddle for the first time in August 2019 and announced his intention to become a pro by the end of 2020
- Has compiled a 22-18 record in his first five pro tournaments, with several wins over top players
- Excellent ambassador for the sport, with a following on Instagram (@robnunnery.pb) and a co-host on the pickleball podcast “It Feels Right“
Rob’s journey to becoming a professional pickleball player is truly inspiring. He took up the sport just a year ago, but quickly realized his potential and set his sights on becoming a pro. In just his first five tournaments, he has already made a big impact, notching several wins over top players and establishing himself as a player to watch in the future.
But it’s not just his on-court performance that sets Rob apart. He has also proven to be an excellent ambassador for the sport, using his platform to promote pickleball and encourage others to try it out. Whether you’re a seasoned pickleball player or a complete newcomer to the sport, Rob’s journey is worth following. So make sure to check out his Instagram account and podcast to keep up with all the latest on this rising star in the world of pickleball.